Helping Center Food Donation Guidelines
Purpose: To provide a guideline for the types of food donations the Helping Center seeks, and what food donations it is not able to accept.
Overview: The Helping Center is extremely appreciative and grateful to those who donate food to feed those in need and help stamp out hunger in the area. Our objective is to provide healthy and safe food options to our clients.
Food Donation Guidelines: While the Helping Center prefers healthy food donations, we will accept all food donations except the following due to health and safety concerns:
- Glass packaging of any kind (e.g. glass jars of sauces, condiments, jelly)
- Extremely dented and or rusted cans
- Any food where the package has been previously opened.
- Any food in an unlabeled package/not in the original package.
- Homemade prepared foods of any kind (cooked, baked, canned)
- Fruits and Vegetables that have not been freshly picked the same day.
Note: If a donor is not sure what to donate, they can be directed to the Helping Center website/how to help/food donations/individual donations to see a list of food items needed or ask the Helping Center Director.
Exceptions: Exceptions to these guidelines can only be approved by the Helping Center Director and or Board President.